Saturday, September 18, 2021

Open Steak Sandwich

 Hello and Welcome to this Blog Post. Yesterday in Home Economics We Made an Open Steak Sandwich. I Was Runner Yesterday So I Was Late for the Lesson. I Joined a Random Group and Worked With Them.

                                       Open Steak Sandwich                       Serves 4


  • Beef Schnitzel-  trimmed, about 1cm thickness (can be shredded & marinated before cooking)

  • Oil (for cooking meat)

  • 4 Bread rolls or 1 ciabatta loaf, cut into 4 pieces

  • Mayonnaise

  • Sauces - own choice eg Tomato, BBQ, Sweet Chilli

  • Lettuce, Spinach or Mesclun salad leaves

  • Tomatoes, sliced

  • Red Onion rings

  • Cheese slices

  • Avocado 

  • 1. Quickly pan fry the meat over medium-high heat until just cooked, turning once during cooking. Allow resting for 5 minutes. Serve as a piece or shredded

  •  

  • 2. Cut rolls or ciabatta loaf pieces in half. These can be warmed or toasted if desired.

  •   Spread the tops and the bottoms of the bread with mayonnaise and /or sauces chosen

  •  

  • 3. Top half the bread with lettuce etc, tomato slices, steak and any other ingredients

  •  

  • 4. Cover with the remaining bread pieces 

  •  

  • 5. Serve

I Forgot to Take Photos, So here is a Random Photo From the Internet.

Nutrients
Some Nutrients Were Protein and Vitamins.

My Team Worked Well Together.
The Sandwich Looked Good. It Tasted Really Good (It Was Probably the Beef that I Enjoyed the Most). The Texture of the Bread Was Dry. I Didn't Really Taste the Dry Bit of the Bread Because of the Meat. I Don't Think I Smelt Anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment