Monday, August 16, 2021

Chicken Stir Fry




 On Friday in Home Economics we made Chicken Stir Fry. I was working with Jrae and Ethan.

Ingredients

1. 1 Chicken Breast

2. 1 Carrot (Julienne Strip)

3. 1 Onion (Diced)

4. 3-4 Pieces of Broccoli (Small florets)

5. 1 Zucchini (Sliced)

6. Other Vegetables (Capsicum, Peas, Corn, Celery) Might be more ingredients.

7. 2T Sesame Oil

8. 1 Packet of 2 Min Noodles

Method

1. Cut Chicken into Strips

2. Place Chicken in a Glass Bowl with Sesame Oil. Mix Together.

3. Prepare Vegetables

4. Sauté Chicken and Onions Together. Sauté means to Cook Quickly to Brown.

5. Add Broccoli and Carrots and Stir Fry for Five Minutes.

6. Add the Remaining Vegetables and Cook for a Further 5 Min

7. Bring a Pot of Water to the Boil

8. Add the Broken Noodles into the Boiling Water and Cook for 2 Minutes

9. Drain Noodles in a colander and Add to the Vegetable and Chicken Mixture. Mix Together Lightly.

10. Serve

Nutrients

Again I'm not good with identifying what nutrients are in a product.

1. Protein

2. Vitamins

Evaluation

My team worked pretty well together.  Although some of the noodles dropped on the ground (apparently they weren't put in but when I got home my stomach started hurting). The finished product looked fine. The noodles tasted a bit plain maybe a little more flavour and noodles. The texture of the noodles was soft. I didn't get a chance to smell it (I don't think I smelt anything) probably because I was a bit sick because of the rain and snow on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nolan. Well done! I am pleased to see that you have included the nutrients that you are able to identify, your mise en place and an evaluation. Exactly as requested.:) I am sorry that felt unwell later on. I am not sure that the rain and snow had anything to do with your feeling unwell. With respect to the noodles - I sincerely hope those that fell on the ground were all thrown out. What could you have added to improve the flavour? Was there sufficient sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce added?

    ReplyDelete